Formerly the Buffalo Bill Historical Center, the name change may seem small, but it signifies a big vision in bringing history to life. Now known as the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, this museum is becoming even more of a must-see-and-do when in Cody!
The five museums include:
- Cody Firearms Museum – most comprehensive collection of American Firearms in the world
- Whitney Gallery of Western Art – experience the Spirit of the American West through art
- Buffalo Bill Museum – flagship museum of the Center
- Plains Indian Museum – a living, breathing museum dedicated to the Plains Indian people
- Draper Museum of Natural History – explore the natural history of Yellowstone Country
The museum curators have done such an exceptional job of compiling valuable artifacts and creating interactive and educational exhibits that each admission entitles you to two consecutive day’s entrance! So you can take your time enjoying any and all of the five museums. The center does stay open all year round, but the hours vary by month. So be sure and plan accordingly.
Everyone will leave with their own unique memories and impressions. Visitors can take home even more satisfaction from their experience when they participate in the center’s programs and field trips, purchase souvenirs or fine art from the museum shop or give their support through fundraisers, volunteer efforts or donations.
Stop by the Skyline Motor Inn front desk when you return and share your experiences. We love to hear your stories and share your recommendations with other guests!